Create a PDF from your fax for free
Transform your fax file into a PDF document with our online service in just a few minutes for free
|File extension||.tiff, .tif||File extension|
|Internet media type||image/tiff
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|File format name||Tag Image File Format||File format name||Portable Document Format|
|Associated programs||Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Apple Preview, Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery Viewer||Associated programs||Adobe Viewer, Ghostscript, Ghostview, Xpdf, gPDF, Acrobat Reader|
|Developed by||Aldus, now Adobe Systems||Developed by||ISO|
|Initial Release:||1986||Initial Release:||June 15, 1993|
|Useful links:||https://www.adobe.io/ https://en.wikipedia.org/||Useful links:||https://whatis.techtarget.com/
Convert fax to PDF online for free
How to convert a fax to PDF
Many organizations still use fax machines for sending documents. You can relatively easily receive them, but managing them can become a challenging process. Consider changing your fax to PDF. Gain the ability to edit, protect, and compress them to make sharing and storage easier. Get started with AltoFaxtoPDF.
How to convert fax to PDF
- Open altofaxtopdf.com.
- Click Choose File or a cloud icon (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox) and upload a document.
- Select Convert Now! to start the process and wait for a few seconds.
- Click Download Now when your sample is ready.
- Check the file and start a new process by clicking Start over again.
AltoFaxtoPDF is a web-based service meaning you can work right from your favorite browser without installing any specialized software. Working with our converter is more efficient than with others because we don't require you to create an account or watch ads. Complete your tasks faster by converting fax to PDF online for free!
Watch the video on how to convert fax to PDF
Convert a fax to a PDF online for free with AltoFaxtoPDF! This simple and straightforward tool lets you change your files’ format and simplify how you work with them without paying a penny regardless of the number of files that need to be converted.
Comparison table and principal features
Due to the large number of software tools for converting, users might get confused in terms of which one to choose. However, not all of them provide the same benefits. For example, the possibility to change fax to PDF. Have a look at the chart below to compare AltoFaxtoPDF to other key players on the market.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
What I particularly appreciate is that all the operations here are free. I can create PDF files out of my fax files without paying a penny. However, it’s the same quality as other reputable tools.
I started using the tool after my phone failed to open a fax file. I needed to convert it to PDF fast and AltoPDF saved me. Since then I’ve only been using this converter.
Converting fax to PDF files has never been easier for me! The tool’s user-friendly interface speeds up the process. And you can do everything online without any installations!
How to Convert Fax Files
How to transform a fax to a PDF online
The Alto Fax to PDF online conversion process is a perfect choice when you have a smooth Internet connection and don’t want to waste time installing expensive software. With a cloud-based conversion tool, everyone gets an opportunity to change a file’s format from any device. Even while on the go. Besides, having a free solution with a full suite of doc management tools saves you a lot of money.
Changing a fax to PDF with the Alto converter consists of the following steps:
- Open AltoFaxtoPDF and import a file. Drag and drop the document or import it from an internal or online storage.
- Once the doc is ready, change its format by clicking on the Convert Now button.
- Wait a few seconds and then save the new template.
- Repeat the operation with another file or make changes in the converted PDF doc.
Keep in mind that saving the file is important, because Alto doesn’t have any access to your documents. It automatically removes both the original doc and the final sample. This online service guarantees privacy. It requires no registration and has a user-friendly interface. Moreover, there’s no fixed number of faxes that can be converted. Every user has unlimited access.
How to transform a fax to PDF in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is not only a popular web browser but also a powerful tool. It includes a number of unique default options, yet the best thing is that it supports integration with several extensions. Among them are a lot of tools for document management, conversion, and protection. The Alto Fax to PDF converter for Chrome is simple to install and easy to use.
Follow the steps below to convert your document with the Alto extension:
- Install the extension via Chrome Web Store.
- Click on the logo in the extensions panel.
- Add the document using the Choose File button or Google Drive logo.
- Change the file format by clicking on the Convert option.
- Download the newly converted sample to your device.
When you need to convert a fax to a PDF, a browser extension is one of the simplest ways to get it done. The service is secure and absolutely free. The engine carefully detects every detail of the page as well as formatting and styles and textual/graphic data. A file converted with Alto has absolutely identical information but in a more convenient format.
How to convert fax to PDF on Windows
The conversion of fax documents to PDFs on Windows is impossible without installing a specialized application or processing documents with an online solution. Use a cloud-based service like AltoPDF for multiple purposes, including; splitting, exporting, merging, etc., without any installation required. For a one-time operation or rare conversions, free solutions are the best options.
Generally, the conversion of a fax to PDF consists of several simple steps:
- Open AltoFaxtoPDF and select from where you want to upload your file.
- Import the document or drag and drop it to start.
- Complete the process by selecting the type of conversion need.
- Save the new PDF and download it to a storage of your choice.
If you choose to install a program with a converter as a part of its toolkit be ready to have a limited set of functions and trial period. Besides, most services require registration. For one-feature solutions, the process goes faster as most of them don’t require registration and are available for free. To select the one that suits your needs the best, visit the official Microsoft Store to browse more options. It’s always a good idea to choose licensed software to make sure your tool is secure and always at your fingertips.
How to convert fax to PDF on a Mac
Unfortunately, the conversion of faxes to other formats is not supported by any pre-installed programs on a Mac. It requires the installation of a specialized solution to work. Otherwise, you’ll need to use an online service or browser extension. The tool depends on your needs. Online services are easy and fast to use.
Below, see how file formats can be transformed:
- Open AltoFaxtoPDF on your Mac.
- Import the fax document into the solution.
- Click on the conversion button to start the process.
- Wait a bit for your document to be ready.
- Save the doc to your device.
The .fax extension may be more convenient for the one sharing the file than for those who receive it. This is where conversion to a more flexible format, like PDF, comes to the rescue. It’s also possible to transform such files with the programs you have already installed on your computer. Though, thousands of people prefer Alto’s simple interface, multitude of conversion possibilities, and the fact that it’s free.
How to convert fax to PDF in Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is a multi-functional solution that is easily installed on your mobile or desktop device. It supports numerous files, but not fax formats itself. To open the doc in Acrobat, you need to change the document type by renaming it as a TIFF. Doing this avoids the need to convert fax to PDF. However, here is a step-by-step instruction guide on how to open and create a PDF from a fax:
- Install and launch Acrobat.
- Open the doc and preview it in the program.
- Click on the menu bar and choose File.
- Select Export and choose PDF as the output file format.
- Decide where to save your file.
The final result will be a PDF document, containing absolutely the same information, as in the fax file. The program has several versions, as well as paid and trial plans. Registering in Acrobat is one of the most important steps and after that, the trial period begins. It has a limited set of functions and to get full access to all tools and cloud storages you’ll need to purchase a subscription and make your first payment.
How to convert fax to PDF on mobile devices
A mobile device, usually a smartphone, is something we use on a constant basis. In 2020 and beyond it’s most convenient gadget for work and leisure. Therefore, software developers create mobile versions of their apps to remain competitive on the market. The same relates to file converters. If you need to convert your document’s format from fax to PDF, you can install a mobile application or use an online solution like AltoFaxtoPDF.
The whole process is very fast and simple:
- Enter AltoFaxtoPDF in the web browser.
- Click Choose File to upload a fax stored on your portable device or click the Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive icon below to import a document from the respective cloud storage.
- Wait for the upload to complete.
- Press Convert Now! to proceed.
- Save the processed PDF to your device or cloud storage service by clicking Download Now.
- Click Continue Editing to edit, sign or share the document you just created.
- Choose Start over again if you want to repeat the procedure with another document.
How to convert fax to a PDF on iOS
iPhone’s Operating System supports sending documents in formats like fax, PDF, DOC(X), etc. However, there is no pre-installed feature to convert a fax file to a PDF. You have to go to the AppStore and download an application. If there’s no app to suit your needs, the best choice is an online tool. Unlike many other solutions, AltoFaxtoPDF won’t charge you a penny and doesn’t require any registration.
Here are the simple steps you need to follow in order to transform your fax file to a Portable Document Format on your iOS device:
- Type altofaxtopdf.com in the browser’s search field.
- Select the doc you want to convert from your iOS device or cloud storage.
- Choose the Convert option.
- Save the ready document to a folder on your device or to the cloud.
- Proceed with editing the file if needed and save the changes.
- Select the next document you need to convert.
Your mobile device can completely replace your desktop/laptop in terms of converting one file format to another and AltoFaxtoPDF helps you get that done fast.
How to convert fax to PDF on Android
Due to the fast pace of life in modern society, it’s not uncommon for people to handle their business on the run. Mobile devices are irreplaceable in such situations. The Android operating system has a significantly bigger market share as compared to its main competitor, iOS. Therefore, online tools adjust their interface to Android mobile devices. And below is how the online tool Alto, helps you convert fax to PDF on mobile:
- Open AltoFaxtoPDF in your browser on your smartphone/tablet.
- Export the fax file you need to transform to PDF either from your device or from a cloud storage.
- Click Convert Now.
- Download the converted doc to the device’s memory or save it in the cloud.
- Finish the operation or continue editing the file, after which you can share it via email or other messengers from the options provided.
If you don’t want to download and install any applications or waste money on expensive software solutions AltoFaxtoPDF is a perfect choice for you.
A fax or .fax extension can be easily converted to PDF with the help of special programs that can be installed or found in an online browser. When comparing these methods, it’s more convenient to use online platforms such as AltoFaxtoPDF. It’s free, easy to use and doesn’t require you to sign up.